Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

CChildhood Drawer -Free the mind Empty CChildhood Drawer -Free the mind

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:02 pm
Class 5
It is easy for the cognitive mind to get involved
“ that’s what I want to find.”
Something Jon said I resonates with me that is quite helpful-
“if you want to go somewhere, go the opposite direction. If you were patterning, go the other way”

don’t let the mind get comfortable. Know how to avoid certain traps (like when I try to remember an anchor. once I got to the anchor though, I saw it well and in detail.)
Know when it is BS

The relaxation we did before class was really great and it helped me reach a half conscious place. I had nonsense phrases and images popping in my head which starts happening to me when I’m entering sleep state.

On this day, we worked with a drawer from a childhood bedroom. My bedroom was completely made up, as far as I know.

we did the frantic crazy loud dipping.
we dip to stop letting your mind be in control
It was so cool to me that I saw several objects and had anchors in my drawer. These might have been actual memories or they could have been made up, that I do not know. I do know that the doll I saw again in the drawer was the same doll I had seen last week on the bed. A part of me wants to doubt but we keep talking about trusting ourselves and what we see. 

when John asked me if anything else appears, and it did, that was really cool because I know as a kid that I did play with spinning tops.
I also knew that I had Polly pocket dolls when I was younger, which was one of my anchors.
i clearly saw the vision of the insides top, but when I had to look in, it was like a dark empty cave. I did not want to force see anything so I did not see anything. I also hope that the whole thing wasn’t manufactured and that it came naturally to my vision. 

Notes-
for books, notes etc. don’t manufacture the words, follow the images and see what you see.

Eliminate expectation.

The object might create a memory, and that’s OK.
Build faith that something Will occur and believe you can immerse yourself.
Wait instead of forcing- let go of your mind trying to grasp- you only need a little success.
we are building muscle in these areas-have patience.

Acting/Application-
image streaming in moments.
Things come to us that we hadn’t thought of from the situation, memories of the character, etc that fill the moment.
There are technical skill sets that we need, but for the creative center, we can rely on streaming.

Jonmenick

CChildhood Drawer -Free the mind Empty Re: CChildhood Drawer -Free the mind

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 am
Always enjoy your posts. Your work does not have to be historically accurate at all. More to the point is allowing your mind to allow connections that are willed from your childhood.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum