Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mollypegram

Dipping into my own drawer Empty Dipping into my own drawer

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:14 pm
We went back into our bedrooms and locked in on an object on top of the dresser. We then zoomed out and took a step away from the dresser. Then we experienced the outside of our drawers for a moment, grabbed the handles, and slowly opened it. we stayed focused on the object so that we wouldn’t look in the drawer. Then vigorously tagged for 90 seconds our anchors in the drawer so that the conscious brain won’t take over. Then stop and let the image sit for a minute. Not thinking or trying, just seeing and experiencing. Then we streamed on the drawer from left to right, describing what we see for the anchors, and anything that fills in between the anchors.

I had a fascinating experience. I saw a specific pair of underwear and socks, then my badlands wallet with the buffalo on the front. Once I got to the wallet, I opened it, and a receipt fell out. This revealed to me that I can trust not just to bring a physical drawer back, but I can simply see one in my subconscious imagination that isn’t actually there, though it is memory like. This is a good stepping stone from a physical drawer to trusting our non-cognitive brain to alleviate the cognitive. AND we can trust it. there was not much in the wallet because I was so young, but what I did find transported me to another memory and imagery from the vacation that I got the little bags of rocks on. I could see the huge bin of overpriced stones that you could fill a bag for 19 dollars.
I loved zooming and discovering more, opening the wallet, reading the receipt and seeing the rocks that I spent my vacation money on. This was an unexpected experience because I was looking at the receipt, but then I was transported to that memory of being in the souvenir shop and just wanting my own bag of rocks out of the big bin.
Our warm-up allowed the senses to open up. Going through the different imagery guided circumstances helped connect me to my emotional core and my senses.

When we move to character’s objects, they aren’t dead objects. There will be associations with it. The acquisition of character has to be based in more than a cognitive choice – this will always be cliché. Then a skillset (imitation) is incorporated. This imagery and streaming will allow us to see things that no other actor will see and make a choice that they could never dream of making. But we can make that choice and trust it because we have done the work on the script and are coming from a position that is germane to the script, but we can see more and deeper than even the writers have thought of.
Jonmenick

Dipping into my own drawer Empty Re: Dipping into my own drawer

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:31 pm
You are beginning to excel In this work. Keep it up.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum