Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
madelaine446s@gmail.com

From Wed July 1st Empty From Wed July 1st

Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:55 am
So, I'm grateful to do these exercises but it's not gratifying yet, because I see I have a long way to go. I did not get to do my scene example in class, and I have done it more since too. I sit in the backyard of where I'm staying. It's a lot of grass and then a walkway space of gravel and a table. I sit in a chair in the grass and can see the driveway and hear ALL KINDS of things. It is still hard after many times, to blank out my mind, for the majority of each fifteen minutes. I can picture the table with the water bottle in the middle, in soft focus. Some afternoons it has been hot and sometimes cooler, which I guess is not good for an exact sense memory. I look forward to being able to use this tool to possibly feel heat on cold sets and vice versa. I emember on The Walking Dead one night it was just so damn cold. We had to have heavy boards strapped to our zombie row, and most of us were pretty over it. Sitting in a big makeshift tent with only one working heater. It was a reality check of what TV sets can really be like.

The homework, I am nervous excited to share tomorrow. and looking forward to seeing each other in emotional acting. Well imitating. I picked a scene from Erin Brockovich that is very sassy and she just tells it how it is without worrying about how it sounds, and I have social anxiety, so boldness of expression is a admirable trait of my opposite. The scene doesn't have a whole lot of facial dynamics or levels of tone, so I almost wanted to switch to something "bigger" but for the sake of timing, I am gonna do the best I can with being her in this one. And I'm learning truly the real Erin Brockovich is a kick ass human being. She sacrificed so much time away from her kids to help so many.
Jonmenick

From Wed July 1st Empty Re: From Wed July 1st

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:59 am
Study the REAL Erin Brockovich, not the actor doing her. That is what I am looking to see....a real person.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum