Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahobbs

Sense Streaming Refresher Empty Sense Streaming Refresher

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Sense Streaming Refresher July 14, 2020

We took a break from dream exercises because Jon felt that we were missing or had forgotten what we learned in Sense Streaming. I’ll admit I had forgotten because I took sense streaming in 2018, 2 years ago. Beside at the time, I didn’t know how sense streaming would help me as an actor. To help with this Jon will be offering an online Sense Streaming class to begin mid-Aug, it will last 4 weeks and be from 6:00-8:00 Tues and Thurs.

People rely too much on only our visual sense.

We need to set aside a time each day, about 10 minutes for sense streaming.

The exercise:
We got really, really relaxed. We kept our eyes shut. We opened our mouths and yawned.

Jon gave us a trigger (words, e.g. spicy foods)

We were to avoid seeing anything at first but were to keep our minds
eye blank. This was most difficult for me.

We were to savor the sensual experiences we received from the trigger Jon suggested.

Some of these were: fire crackling, mountain breeze, ice cream, spicy foods, perfume, salt air music far away.

After awhile Jon would have us open our eyes slightly and scan the sight associated with these senses from left to right. But that was the last thing we did.

At one point – I don’t remember which trigger we were working on – I could hear my heart beat.

For me mountain breeze, perfume brought back the most different senses. Mountain breeze brought back sense of touch, sense of smell, sense of hearing and sense of seeing and a very relaxed feeling. Perfume brought back sense of smell, sense of touch, sense of hearing, sense of taste and the emotion of passion.

Jon pointed out that sensations are our primal movers

Jonmenick

Sense Streaming Refresher Empty Re: Sense Streaming Refresher

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:20 am
Yeah, I don’t know when to introduce Sense Streaming. Too early, no one gets it, too late....we’ll, too late!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum