Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lfawley

Sense Streaming  Empty Sense Streaming

Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:29 am
I have been a bit remiss about writing posts lately - something about the fact that I think I currently have a combined total of 150 college students in all of my online classes that I am teaching this term has me a bit overwhelmed, but I really do enjoy the process that we are building. The idea that sense streaming is foundational to image streaming really came through clearly to me during the last class. When we allow our other senses to take a primary position, the resultant image that appears when we open our eyes to the visual elements is one that is more vibrant, more alive. It is almost like streaming in ultra 8K HD instead of 1081dpi (there's my film geek coming out - I am not a "gearhead but I do listen to those who are!).

I really felt connected to a wide array of fragmented "memories" when I did the sense streaming. I found that my sense of smell was usually the first to start to provide dimensions to the stream, but very quickly other senses such as touch (drops of mist on my face, insects biting) and sound were always close behind. The taste was never really powerful for me, even when we used the trigger of ice cream, - instead the feel of the cold was what I noticed the most, that and the surroundings that ice cream evoked.

A few key reminders:
- streaming is NOT about creating a narrative (as a storyteller, this one is REALLY hard for me to keep at bay. I tend to have elaborate ay dreams all the time as it is, living entire films in my head while doing mundane tasks. It keeps me from being bored!
-let the image be propelled by the senses (that one was easy for me!)
-Choose to focus on senses other than visual first (and don't let your brain know what sense you want it to focus on!) -it's all about allowing it to happen

I am getting a lot out of this, both in terms of relaxation and visualization skills that I am confident will be very useful to me in the HOPEFULLY near future!
Jonmenick

Sense Streaming  Empty Re: Sense Streaming

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:26 am
I enjoy sharing my time with you. You are an excellent student of the art of acting.
Jonmenick

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:26 am
I enjoy sharing my time with you. You are an excellent student of the art of acting.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum