Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

I get it, now I need to work with it. Empty I get it, now I need to work with it.

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 pm
I just want to say Jon tonight is one of the reasons I enjoy learning from you. You never rest on your laurels. You are always working to make every class better than the one before. I say this because tonight you showed how the ebb and flow of a class can change, and how you change to keep with it.

In this class we are learning one of the most valuable things any actor needs to know how to do. With out this skill your work will be average at best. Also if you happen to get work you have to be able to work into it. The three main cores of this is objects, environment, character. We have been working with them for almost 2 months now.

Tonight's improv was going to be us working with a partner, and establish place and what we were doing. We quickly found out that it was easier said than done. One thing people were having a problem with was establishing a place, I think that I was having a problem working with the space I have at home. I needed to free my self and move my camera where I could give myself the room to work. I found that when I started to do the work in class, my mind was trying to do to many things at once.

This is were Jon saw a potential problem, I went first with my partner Shannon, and we started having a problem right away. As more people went I could see a pattern forming. That is when Jon stopped, and changed the goal of the lesson to one more focused on what we needed to work on.

In closing I have understood the lessons that we have been learning, and though practice I will get them. It might not be over night, but give me just a little time. I won't need much, and I will have them.

Shannonigans likes this post

Jonmenick

I get it, now I need to work with it. Empty Re: I get it, now I need to work with it.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:13 am
You are such a good spirit, Chris. I hope you are enjoying your journey.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum