Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

Dream Work   Empty Dream Work

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Dream work class 7

When we stream for character, empathetic reactions, it’s done in third person. We are creating empathy to know how they feel- it’s a connection that’s not forced.
We are not sitting in their shoes. We are observing.
in dreams we usually see everything from our point of you.

in this work, however, we will be referring to ourselves in third person, observing, feeling the emotional connection to the space and seeing ourselves.
we are the witness. 

this third person practice helps us to not have emotion while streaming, but rather gathering, and the emotion can be produced in the harvest.

it is very important, as usual, to relax and know what it feels like when you’re ready to work and image.

in the exercise, we are telling the story of a dream we have vivid recall of, in third person.
we say “ I wonder what I see” and wait until our mind has settled on a panoramic view, and hold it still. then we say “project into the image “ And our minds eye goes into the position called the “power position” that is like where the camera angle would be.
this is the place with the most “juice”/emotional potential of the scene.
at this point our eyes are barely open and the image is out of focus. we sketch what we see from left to right with her finger and then we vocalize our experience as the observer of our senses.
we are to get big with our hand motions ( conducting) and integrate movement into our description so that we are not muting the experience and we are cementing ourselves into the place.
if we get into the environment, then we can hold it.
We are to experience more than just tell.
it’s all about context for our exploration (Time and place)
we don’t want to focus on people and characters so much. 
then Jon asks about a sense anchor that would help bring us back into that, an anchor for re- entry.

Some really good feedback for me is to continue to have the belief that I am enough and know that what I have to show is perfect. It’s OK to fumble. We are learning to immerse ourselves. A random occurrence/ discovery is gold, so have faith that it will happen. it’s not easy but know that you can reach it and touch some thing in yourself.
” fighting against the fact that you’re blocked makes you blocked”
Challenge the sense of having to get things right, relax, and reach a place that you’re **receptive to impulse**

I know the state we speak of. I have experienced it. But I also know that I have a very stubborn strong mind.
I have been told that early morning meditation and yoga would help me tremendously. my whole life feels like it’s been about relaxing the mind, as my mind used to control me, and I often let it. I often let the hurt ego take control rather than the empowered spirit/soul that I am. acting seems to take place from soul level. The place within us that is unfiltered and unconditioned. it is raw and real. our essence that is untainted by this world is where our creative flow and stream of consciousness is free. we are learning to tap into that.
in dreamworld, that is our nature.
this is why I’ve always had a big connection with my dreams. I am so free there.
I still don’t know what dream to use for class.
I have one from 10 years ago that is forever drilled into my head. I have my dreams from last night and from Monday night.
and I have my dreams from whenever that I have written down. There is a part of me that “wants to get it right “because this work is so powerful and it feels like a magical place to allow our mind to relax and allow the spirit to come through.
this is prayer. This is intuition. it is our God/goddess selves. I love that this work is in line with my consciousness studies
about being the witness of our experiences in reality. it is about waking up to this dream that we are living.
The other night I really understood why we explain in third person As related to acting. It makes sense.

I will Say a prayer for openness and trust before class.
Jonmenick

Dream Work   Empty Re: Dream Work

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am
I agree with your harvest wholeheartedly!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum