Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chris.evans

Dream Analysis  Empty Dream Analysis

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:44 pm
To prepare for class tomorrow I have attempted to write down an actual analysis of a recurring dream that I have.

Recurring Car Junkyard Dream
A. The Place a car junkyard in the middle of an open area.
B. The Time The skies are grey and lit so it feels like late afternoon.
C. People in the Dream
*Girl- I don't know who she is. She is blonde and very pretty. See her only out of my peripheral view.
*Male- also a stranger. He is out of view. Almost like a shadow. Can only sense his presence.
D. Relationship to People in Dream Both are strangers. I feel a quiet frustration with them that goes unnoticed. They are not helpful. Bystanders in dream.
E. Age in Dream Unknown
F. Trace the Story of the Dream I am in a car junkyard. The cars and vehicles are stacked incredibly high on one another forming towers. The sky is a mixture of grays. There are swinging bridges that connect the towers of junk cars scattered throughout the junkyard. There are climbing platforms going up the towers as well. In the dream I am trying to climb the platforms and cross the bridges. I do not know the motivation to do so, but I feel compelled to do so. The two strangers are bystanders. I feel the need for their help in the trek, but they offer no help or guidance. I get to the top of one tower and look out to the ground and higher towers before I wake up.
G. Any Animals None
H. Catalogue Any Objects Rusted cars, trucks, vans. Swinging bridges, metal platforms, chains, dust and dirt.
I. Are There Any Symbols? I felt very strongly toward the towers of cars. Elevation and distance felt like symbols to me. Also the gray sky, rust on cars, and the dirt ground. The clashing colors stood out and felt powerful.

The symbols could be wrong since they aren't explicit objects. But I hold strong feelings toward them and they seem to hint at something more. It will be interesting to see where this goes in class.
Jonmenick

Dream Analysis  Empty Re: Dream Analysis

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:28 am
Love this...and yes, they are symbols!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum