Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tiffanie

Going back to the dream Empty Going back to the dream

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:07 pm
On Thursday we went back into the first dream we explored the week before, this time using our senses. My recurring dream is of me in a vehicle that is out of control and I can’t seem to stop it. The screenshot for the observer of my dream was someone standing in their backyard watching the car come skidding around the curve of the road.
The observer could smell the fresh cut grass, the dirt, the leaves, manure from a nearby field and kicked up gravel. She could feel the warmth of the sun on her body, the grass rubbing the sides of her feet through her sandals and the breeze blowing. She could hear the water from the creek constantly flowing, the whirring on the AC unit for the house she was standing in front of, the plane in the distance, the neighbors tractor, and the sound of the rope and fixtures slapping against the metal flag pole.
I discovered the shed in the backyard, which turned out to be a craft space. I discovered the flagpole and the neighbors tractor and old truck.
All of if gave me such a serene feeling; Jon called it Mother Earth.
It’s just so interesting how using the streaming process took the dream and what a different experience it gave me as the observer. This is some powerful stuff! I am seeing clearer and clearer every class from my own practice and the work of others how valuable this tool is for an actor. It puts you in a real/believable state of being because you experienced it for yourself. Such exciting stuff.

Side note: I am ever so grateful for the class right now more than ever. It’s been a tricky few weeks for many reasons. I am glad to have this space to return to weekly with like minded, genuine and same goal oriented people. Thank you all. 💖
Jonmenick

Going back to the dream Empty Re: Going back to the dream

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:51 am
Thank you, you are a joy.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum