Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

RECAP 7/23 Empty RECAP 7/23

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:27 am
This class was so fun. I had this feeling I was going to get picked because this was one of those dreams that scared me to explore. LOL. And sure enough. What always helps is knowing what comes is what is, don't judge it or change it, no matter how bizarre or off the wall it may seem. Listening to everyone's analysis gave me even more faith in this process. Taking the givens and being able to connect them to something tangible was so fascinating. The dystopian feel, plus the characteristics of this woman/spider reptile, plus the 24 hr chip gave so much just in those details. I loved being able to stay there and explore more while everyone asked questions. New discoveries were made along the way. We were able to gather the who, what, where, when, etc and her psycho-emotional state. So much to use from this exploration. I am looking forward to being on the investigative team today. One great take away from this, was with the chip. Instead of doing the obvious..she is sober. She is an alcoholic. Applying the "what if" and exploring that. What if...she just needs connection and that is the place where she doesn't feel so alone. Everyone in those rooms are wounded. I loved Matt's take away that she feels wounded externally and internally and that definitely is the impression I feel. The elephant...what if....that was the last time she had a thumb print. Going into this sensory work allows us to discover and keep discovering based on the information given. Script analysis meets imaging. It is starting to connect.
Jonmenick

RECAP 7/23 Empty Re: RECAP 7/23

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:02 pm
Oh boy, I am so pleased. Can you begin to a-ply this work in class with Liz and auditions?
tanyakelley

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm
of course. I have already started doing that Smile I know there will be deeper understanding of it all as we continue to go but for now, I am taking what I remember from script analysis and breaking down acts, beats, explicit moments. The knowns, etc. and then for imaging, I have been finding different things to stream in the scripts. It still feels fragmented, but it is improvement on the approach from my end for sure.
Jonmenick

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm
It all comes together when we find the bridge into from the text into the Imaging. It’s coming.
tanyakelley

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:20 pm
yee haw
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum