Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 7/7 Empty CLASS RECAP 7/7

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:00 pm
This class was the introduction to dreams. I had a final interview for a new job (which I got...whoop) so I ended up joining about a half hour late. I don't like being late to anything, so i went into class with some anxiety that I had to breathe away. I was able to watch some of my fellow classmates but had some children interruptions and a difficult time hearing, so it was a rough class all around for me. I was able to see Chris, got pieces of Matt's and got to see Diana and Rose. I don't know if it was my volume or what, but I couldn't make out a lot of what as said. I was glad I went last so I get could a jist of what the exercise was. Going back to a recurring dream, taking a deep breath, retelling the situation of the dream. Tapping the forehead with the eyes closed, I was able to trace the frozen frame. I talked about what i was experiencing. Once I got more connected to sensations, the cool breeze in the air, the sweaty palms, I could feel myself feeling the fear of the height of the unsturdy bridge. Jon guided me away from this experience and directed me to be the observer. We are working on discoveries as the observer, not the character here. Like in script analysis, we can't claim the character too soon. Even though this is our dream, our experience, just like memories we have, we don't want to bring back the exact situation, but a frozen frame of that time and the natural senses that exist there. We are open, but we are not attached to our previous experience. This was a great a ha for me just understanding what we are doing here. As I worked at the place of power, there were new discoveries, and elements of other dreams that are about this area.

I am so grateful we have this forum. Since I was a little late, I didn't have the exact steps written down, but I looked at some others posts and was able to use that for my class book. I will miss my 3 pm class today, but looking forward to meet some new people and work with them at the 6 pm class.

Happy Thursday!
Jonmenick

CLASS RECAP 7/7 Empty Re: CLASS RECAP 7/7

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:26 am
I remember back at UVA how you were the first one to arrive and the last to leave. What excellence!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum