Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 6/18 Empty CLASS RECAP 6/18

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 am
I have gone to the post about 5 times before actually being able to complete it. My youngest just went to daycare this morning...namaste.  

Last class we talked about two different kinds of memories more in detail. One, is pretty easily explained. It is pretty instant. The other...those are the memories have been packed and packed and piled away. When we recall the room, the stuff that we immediately saw, those are the instant memories. The keyboard I saw is something I have always remembered. Our brains are conditioned to control and so it is pretty normal for us to get an assignment, then "find" the answers, instead of letting them be discovered. It takes a lot of practice to re condition ourselves to work from that place where it isn't forced or orchestrated. Once we start accessing the memories that have been packed down, the senses are awakened. It isn't about reliving memories but rather a frame that captures where it belongs in us.

We did the exercise of paying attention to the shift we have in ourselves so we can recognize it. Everyone takes their own unique amount of time to get to a place where they can work from. Once we got quiet, I could hear the birds chirping. At first it was calming, then distracting, then I allowed it be. I breathed with it. Jon had mentioned when we get to that shift, we will may see black. For me, it is an entire energetic shift I know very well through meditation and I become hollow. My thoughts, images aren't dictating the moment, they just coexist and move. My vessel feels hollow. We were guided to remember our first christmas. I felt anxious heat below my heart. I left the hollow place and went to finding. At first I was blank. Where was christmas here? Nothing. Then, I remembered taking a picture with my brother and sister in front of the tree. I was a teenager then. I thought, no go deeper. So I breathed. I calmed myself back to the hollow space. There I was at Uncle Tim's. Flashes of his home were there. As I went down the steps, there was his oak bar. That bar stayed with me. The room filled around it. Family. My cousin Butchie. My aunt Nancy and my dad. Warmth. Family. The smell of Mary Kay. I am moved as I write this. It doesn't make me feel "sad" or happy.I just feel deep nostalgia. Like I am coexisting in two places at once. I can hear my aunt's voice. I am swiping it away.

I really enjoy this class and looking forward to more and watching us all grow together. The journey feels adventurous.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum