Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 7/2 Empty CLASS RECAP 7/2

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm
I always look forward to this class. Today was no exception. We started with the guided relaxation from Molly. Then, Jon took us on a journey into water. Floating on a mattress in the middle of water on a warm day. The sounds of people cooking in the distance. The crackles of a fire and I am still floating in the water. My legs are over the float. My feet barely trimming the water.My body in the aim of the sun, no clouds to block the rays. There is a cliff behind me. I am in a place like a quarry. A The shore is rocks. My clothes are behind me on the side area where the big cliff rock goes in. Like a little beach area access to a cave. The sun keeps beaming, and I am ever so slightly spinning with the lightest breeze. The water is clean. Now I go to the classroom, my first classroom. and I am still floating on the water. I am in this space of daydreaming within a daydream. The first thing that comes to me is my nap mat. Rainbow colored. Like a gymnastics mat. i look across from me. There is an A on the top of the wall. A with little a on a giant flashcard. Red apple next to it. The light is dim. I am looking down at my desk now. It is a desk that opens. I breathe to it. I open the desk. This time, the anchors aren't frantically traced and spoken in gibberish, but are lightly traced. I see a composition book, I trace it, There is an apple. I am tracing it, now zooming into it, feeling the stem. smooth, at the tip it has a little bit bigger piece. I slide down the stem and on the right of the apple is a little brown dent. softer than the rest of the apple. The apple is red but lightly beige here. I am moving from the apple, my fingers trace the plastic floor of the desk, stacks of papers neatly stacked but some are sticking out more than others. My collection of work. Now I look down and see part of my leg. I see myself in red almost mc hammer like pants, and brownish flower top. Tiny flowers with yellow. This is my second day at school wearing this. I pause. breathing to it. knot in my throat. My stomach is turning. My skin itches. My tears lightly dropping. I breathe, and wipe it away.

Ok, so i came to this post with the idea of recollecting the class and as I starting opening up to the class experience and harvesting, I am filled with a new experience. I just went with it. Keeping everything present doesn't seem to allow for the repeat. This is a completely new experience for me. What I love about doing this work, is although there are "rules" it feels like when we make shifts in our approach, we still get to the same place where discoveries continue to be made, the senses open in their own way in. It always comes in the detail. I get a sense of something from looking afar but when i zoom into, that "sense" becomes a sense. The touch, the sound. The sight. All of that becomes an awakened life. in that moment itself.

Next week we move to dreams. We will start with our recurring dreams. What we are looking for in dream catching is not a story. Write down only what we know for sure. The place, even if it is more than one. The time. Is it day or night? If that is not clear, that is ok. The people. How do I feel about them? Did they change?. What is my relationship to these people? How old am I? Trace the story. Only the events that exist. Nothing in fantasy. Are there any animals? Write down any objects. Symbols. Did I feel strongly about any of the objects? There are subjective symbols (how it relates to me) abd objective symbols (refers to others). What does not seem logical? What do I know about the symbolic elements? The symbols are not for dream interpretation but as a catalyst for streaming. They are a doorway into the subconscious. We accept them as powerful without any analysis.

See you all for the dream adventure!

Happy 4th of July everyone.
Jonmenick

CLASS RECAP 7/2 Empty Re: CLASS RECAP 7/2

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:27 am
You possess believe ability.......I see your work in present time. It draws me in. It pulls me. That is a gift...one you earned!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum