Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

CLASS RECAP 7/16 Empty CLASS RECAP 7/16

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 am
Today we talked about the next step in streaming. Sense Streaming. The imaging we have been doing is initially focused on sight. SIght is like the safety net of senses. We see it, it exists. But, if we keep it at that surface, we are still in the head. LIterally. We tried an exercise of different sense triggering phrases-Smelling salt water, hearing the crackle of a fire, feeling the breeze in the forest, a musty room, and several more. The idea was to almost pretend we are blind. Allow the other senses to inform. My experience varied. I had a fly buzzing around me the whole time, so the fly went on the journey with me. ha. But, it did add to the experience. Where the fly was, the temperature was hot. Some my mind went straight to imaging. The smell of perfume was a great example. Others, the description was so specific, I immediately had a sense. Like the smell of salt water. I immediately tasted it. I kept with that taste and sounds of waves came through, the feel of hot sand between my toes, the sounds of seagulls to my left. While images came through, they weren't directing my experience. At the end of each exercise, we were asked to barely open our eyes and see. I could see the main parts of the dream, and the stuff in between was kind of muffled. I didn't zoom, just took in what I could see. I wonder if we traced when we opened our eyes if that would have changed anything?

Dreams:
My dreams are usually so all over the place, it is like following a dali painting.
*Last night, I dreamt I was with my boys in water. We weren't swimming but in the water. It was grayish out and there was no sun. Then, the water started getting more like a whirlpool. Finn was the first one to go under. The water was muddy. I acknowledged in this dream that I couldn't save him in other dreams and this time I wasn't going to let him. I dove down and grabbed his slippery leg and threw him up on my side. Then, I got to Sawyer. This wasn't a struggle. He went under but just below the surface. I had both of them on my sides and then i woke up.
*Another dream was in the basement of my home growing up. I went back to visit. I haven't been in the basement in a long time. It was cluttered, unfinished. Framing up but no drywall. to my left from the ceiling was the biggest fucking spider I have ever seen. It was like 5 feet long and it was stretched out to it's fullest size. When I saw the string it was holding onto, it became a rope and the spiders arms wrapped around and slid down and started talking to me in an Australian accent. It was now a blond woman. Hair pulled back. I was asking her if she was ok. I felt sad, guilt, that she had been alone down there this whole time. She was scratching her skin and I asked her if she needed to see a doctor and she said yes. She had these weird feet that had a cloth cover on them, and a deep green kind of tarzan outfit. The ceilings were really high in this dream. There were trash bags of packed stuff around. Old broken furniture. The brick fireplace. on her side. Overall it was a very eerie feeling. Heavy. I went from fear to feeling so bad for her. I remember that clearly.
Jonmenick

CLASS RECAP 7/16 Empty Re: CLASS RECAP 7/16

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:18 am
That basement dream needs to be worked in Streaming!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum