Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dianadamato

7/9 Class Recap Empty 7/9 Class Recap

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:20 pm
For this class, I was treated to a chance to sit back, relax, and observe while others entered their dreams. This was a testament to my ability to achieve relaxation against all odds since there was construction happening right outside my window. Luckily, class started with Jon telling all of us to get as comfortable as possible. This introspective state allows the mind to naturally create imagery as minds often do when they are relaxed enough. Having so much noise here at home did derail my thoughts at times and I would try to redirect back to peaceful images and songs to maintain that relaxation. With the added commotion, I found myself going to that “happy place” from guided meditations (rather than keeping my mind blank) and singing pleasing songs to myself in my head. While I did not enter my dream today, I practiced by visualizing what my classmates described. I found it interesting that many of our recurring dreams are actually nightmares or bad dreams: Tiffanie’s out of control car, Molly’s thunderstorm and purple abyss, and my own lost in the city one.

One main focus from this class that wasn’t touched on before was inhabiting the point of a view as an observer within the dream rather than as yourself. This made a lot of sense for me because I always saw that powerful image from my dream as if I was seeing myself from across the street. So, originally, visualizing the dream from my actual point of view was new to me but, it helped me discover more. Jon instructed that we also need an anchor within the dream from this observer point of view. While my personal anchor is the weight of my purse on my shoulder, my observer anchor is the distant sound of city traffic. At first, I thought perhaps that balmy nighttime summer air or the vague smell of concrete might work but, they just didn’t connect me to the dream enough. Perhaps because they weren’t specific enough to the location in the dream.

I look forward to exploring more within this dream! It feels like with every class I discover something new!
Jonmenick

7/9 Class Recap Empty Re: 7/9 Class Recap

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:14 am
Dreams are quite interesting. In many ways, they occur as a way for the mind to empty out, regrets, fears, conflicts, desires etc. so, they will always be conflicted. Allow it. Don’t worry. It is natural.

dianadamato likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum