Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Symbolic imagery yea..... Empty Symbolic imagery yea.....

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:30 pm
Tonight's class was great as usual. We worked another person from someone's dream. As usual the detail they gave us was great. This time Jon had Geoff, Matt do the questioning. The info we got was a little more interesting this time, it was a little more abstract. This time I knew not to make a story out of it. After we got the info, we got into groups, and talked about it. I knew we were looking for the symbols in the story. What was the contrast? I found myself making a story sometimes, and had to stop myself. I can see how easy it is to start making a story to make it work for you. I can see how this hurts you. You have to be able find this person. A story won't help you. I did not see the symbols in this, I knew to look in the first part of what he was telling us a his person. I kept looking at the objects. I don't think I would have found the cheese, but I would have been closer. As we were taking down notes, a image was forming, or a stream you could say. Just from the info we were getting I could see that person.

This work is great for finding a character. I do see were I will have to work to get this. Jon really got me thinking about my senses. I hadn't thought about the fact that I need to work on using my other senses. The use symbols in this work is the best way to know that person. I can know see is the only way to do it. I need to study more in this to get the full effect of what I am learning.

As I do this I see were I am learning a new skill. Like any new skill I will need to practice.
Jonmenick

Symbolic imagery yea..... Empty Re: Symbolic imagery yea.....

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:39 am
You are the best hearted person that I know!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum