Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

Class 3, moving in the imagery Empty Class 3, moving in the imagery

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:49 pm
Posting is important!!
It’s a PART of class.
Jon does not like when we don’t post...

We have to be thinking about this stuff often.

For me, even if I don’t post right away,
it doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about the state of consciousness required to be a true “actor.”

A big portion of my day is dedicated to these thoughts and practices.
Learning to be conscious more often than not.

We talked of relaxation, since that is a huge part of streaming.
“Nothing happens if we feel pressure to perform.”

“Get to where you don’t want to move (your body).”
I really connect with this, because often in my meditations, when I go deep, I do not want to move my hands or body. Like they are heavy and it’s too much effort to even move.

We talked about how and acting we are working on different layers/levels of consciousness at once. Great actors can do this, yet most of us usually operate at one layer.

Our aim with these exercises is to get to the images that are locked in our memory box. Memories that are suppressed.

This class, we focused on moving in the imagery; removing everything that distract us from time please and objects. Time reveals itself. We are concerned with the place of the experience and the objects.
we are “projecting ourselves into a relationship with the room.”

We practiced finding a fixed object or anchor,
Pointing our finger and walking physically closer to the object. We are focused on the object and aware of our periphery. when we are very close with the object, we drop our arm and begin tracing the object with our arm by our side. then we point again and begin walking away from the object with a soft focus.
Next, we were to do this with a mental image/object.
Jon guided us once again.
We can take our time; Practicing great patience.

I loved the idea index finger just barely touching the face but moving with the mental processes, connecting to where our head space is, our mental chatter so that we are more aware of it.

With our finger by our temple we ask “I wonder what I see .”

We project the image out when we point, and we trace from right to left.

(we don’t want to let the mind tell the story— we want to make discoveries. )
More can be revealed that we didn’t initially see.

This exercise was challenging for me.
No images seemed to be coming to me naturally.
In the previous class, we had more time to allow a spontaneous image to come. I felt I did project some mental images intentionally as I really don’t have much recollection of my first bed room.

That part felt a little forced wanting to see object that I “projected” so that I could be on time with the class pace (some pressure involved).

Even so, I still had detailed visual/image of the object I approached, as far as the colors, the texture, the coldness and smoothness of the letters and the whole thing. We sat beside our image and felt that experience. We moved behind our image (mine was on a wall but I went behind to look at the back.) It is very interesting how this mental projection can have these details that we can really see in our minds eye. Focusing on my object did not seem so hard for me.

What I find challenging is to allow images to appear but to trust that I am not forcing them to appear.
My room felt pretty empty, at least at first.
It was interesting that when someone else explained their room and a doll, a certain white girl doll image appeared in my cradle.

The second image that we would approach appeared across the room. I had not “seen“ this Object before until asked to find an object across the room. again, I could clearly sense the texture and details of the object when I had to draw it.

as we explain our experience, Jon wanted to make sure that we understand that it is more like we are reliving the experience, we are experiencing the object, not so much explaining or painting the picture to others.
“ sensation leads, without desire to explain”

This is similar to work we had done in a previous course and had to have it drilled into our heads to really feel the object and see it in our mind.

This work is in depth and definitely advanced.
I hope we can keep relaxing deeper and trusting more.
Jonmenick

Class 3, moving in the imagery Empty Re: Class 3, moving in the imagery

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:57 am
The detail in this post is great. I also am able to understand your journey, the difficulties, the discoveries etc. you know, when you are able to enter a level of semi-consciousness, you can maintain it to large degree even while you are conscious. Entering is always a dive into cold water, then you warm up and it is wonderous.

chaia likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum