Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tanyakelley

the class before the last Empty the class before the last

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm
This class was a joy. Today's victim...Chris. Jon picked 2 of us to guide him through the exploration. me and Molly. It was challenging with timing. Finding that balance of letting him explore. At times I was immediately moved to ask a question. But then I didn't want to rush him. And Molly would ask a question and then Jon would help guide. We were able to explore together but this was more challenging than I expected. I think much of that wa s zoom and just doing this for the first time in class. When I do this work on my own, it is just me. Guiding myself and exploring streaming work I instinctually am moving in and out and around so it doesn't feel as challenging. One thing I took away from this was making sure we aren't allowing so much time between the person's self exploration and the guidance that they get caught up in their "head". Once we broke out into groups, I really enjoyed working with the other girls and figuring out this woman. I think we all felt so much more focused on HER, rather than putting the story together. We aren't writing the script. We are exploring this character. What symbols give us the keys to her core. We all caught many of the same symbols. Different nuggets resonated more than others for each of us but it gave me clarity and further trust in this work. These symbols can be interpreted differently, but as long as it gives us something tangible we can work from, the idea of being right just doesn't exist. If I know that this woman isn't functioning because a key ring without keys isn't functioning, I can play that. I feel that. I know what that is like. If I know that her description is dry and weathered but she is holding onto water in her pocket. There is hope there. She is thirsty for life. I understand that. Today was just another layer of understanding this work more. Every class holds it's own nuggets. Working with everyone was great. Seeing us all excited about piecing it together and us watching our growth together just makes me feel part of a tribe that feels like home. Grateful.

MEdwardsen likes this post

Jonmenick

the class before the last Empty Re: the class before the last

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:47 am
Oh man , what a gift you are to me!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum