Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Being free. Empty Being free.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Tonight's class got us to get out of our comfort zone. I don't know how important it is to get this, but you to be free to do this. Now I know this sounds like blocks, and fears. Don't worry it isn't. I mean being free to go where the character takes you. To be a character actor you have to be able to get out of your own way. This means doing things that don't feel natural. This is the vary point of acting, to be someone else. Tonight this came home for me. Jon has said to me before we can't be scared to be the jester or act the fool. This makes so much sense to me. If I am not comfortable being in character, than I must be doing something right.

Tonight's class was fun on the surface, but was teaching us a valuable lesson. I could see it tonight in myself, and in others. Gibberish can be hard, I still feel my limitations with it, but I am not scared to do it. I just find myself running out of ways to say gibberish, but as we did it people were opening up to doing this.

Tonight we started by telling a ghost story then the next person to go picked up where they left off, and tried to use some of the gibberish from the previous story.

Then we added a dialect, and did it.

Finally we added a dialect, and tried to teach people our language. I will tell you I enjoyed it.

This has been a good use of improv, it gets you used to the idea of trying things that might be foreign to you. Very Happy

Jonmenick

Being free. Empty Re: Being free.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:02 pm
I like the goofy you!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum