Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MEdwardsen

Class 3---Notes Free Empty Class 3---Notes Free

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am
I joined this class a minute or two late due to some work activity.  Jon was already starting the class in relaxation and I needed it to calm my still work focused, flustered mind.  It took a while, but I got there and boy did it feel nice!!

Once we all achieved this state, Jon prompted us with the image of our first bedroom.  As expected images zoomed by...some coming into a little focus, many not coming fully formed.  Mine eventually settled on what I knew to be my bedroom in Bluegrass, IA when I was about four years old and just prior to my parents divorce.  I was about  my current height, looking into the room as an adult.  As details solidified, it seems my mind was creating a hybrid of this bedroom and one I had after my father remarried when I was about eight years old.  At first, I was tempted to fight this and force it clear, but I was able to just relax and let my mind paint the picture it wanted.  The carpet and the bed were from the other room in my mind, but I think the rest was actually the room from IA.

When we asked to focus on an object across the room and later move toward it, this took a lot of concentration, but it worked!  When we were asked to go to the other side of the object, I was outside floating at this second story window and enjoyed the sensation of floating while looking back into the room.  Later Jon clarified that it was best to find a smaller, more personal object to which we can connect....note taken! Very Happy

We started going through the harvest with the class.  As other started to describe theirs, I remained in this great state of relaxation...which is largely why I didn't feel compelled to take notes.  The first few to go, I found it challenging to listen to their full descriptions as I wanted to remain focused on mine and the experience.  So I was grateful to go fairly early in my harvest, so I could really listen to the rest.

My overall harvest is that this was an amazing experience and it seemed to me that my imaging/streaming moved forward in detail from the last class.  Moving around the space locked it in even more and I still feel a great amount of details clinging in from almost two days ago now.  Similar to the meditative driving experience I had last Saturday....as many of those details are still joyfully vivid in my mind chasm.  This experience really...REALLY locks in how useful this is as an actor on in prep and on set.  If we can create the world of the character this completely in our mind, it makes it sooooo much easier to slip in and out of it successfully when needed on set.

Thanks for the mental gymnastics Jon-o!!! Looking forward to the rest of the journey. flower study
Jonmenick

Class 3---Notes Free Empty Re: Class 3---Notes Free

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 am
Yes, I think you will enjoy the journey of Streaming. It is very artful.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum