Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Final Thoughts... Empty Final Thoughts...

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 pm
It is worth the hype. I have heard about this class for two years now. I didn't know what this class was for at first, but as I went to class I would get little bits here and there. Then next thing you know Jon is offering it, and I am eligible to take it. I didn't have a idea of what we were trying to accomplish not going though a acting program previously. As we started this work one of the first things Jon has do is use our senses. Now for me I learned a big lesson from this, I have never really used my senses before. Yes I use them everyday in my environment , but I have have never really used them to "sense" anything. The next thing I did was something I haven't done much over the last 20 years, dream. I don't really dream much, and if I do it is right before I wake up. The part that got my attention was that Jon asked us to keep a dream log, when I started doing that, I started dreaming more. I would get up in the middle of the night to write them down.

The first time I combined this work, I could see where I was deficient. I had a great sense of sight, but my others where lacking. That is when I found out that we don't use our senses when we dream. When I streamed I didn't have sound in one of them. I see what I will have to work on.

The newest thing I will have to learn is something I tried to use in the analyzing of the harvest, which is finding a archetype. I knew from over the years about one or two, but like anything I didn't know what to do with them, or what they meant. After this class I see I will have to study to know and understand them. I see now how important they are.

With this work we are ultimately trying to get to their essence. If you can do this then you will know them, and have no problem being the character.

This class is one of the most important classes I have taken to date. I know Jon isn't giving us therapy, but if you have had problems finding out who you are or being able to open up to people, this is the class for you. I have more work to do, and I can't wait to do it. Very Happy Cool sunny

MEdwardsen likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum