Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris Fuller

Final thoughts... Empty Final thoughts...

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 pm
Don't go into story.

Impulse is what triggers imagination.

Stimulation -impulse -imagination.

Impulse crafted is genius.

Don't go into story.

We can take our time with describing our environment.

These statements with a hole lot more gives you a idea of how deep this is. This is part of the method, which part I  am not quite sure. One thing is for sure you have to feel your environment to be in it. Improving your way in is a good start. This work is great to help you understand where this fits in your process.

In class tonight Jon gave a scenario where he would describe to us a environment, we then start to explore that world. Don't tell a story. When I went, It never fails The world Jon gave me matched exactly somewhere I had been before. Instead of letting my imagination do the work, I started listing events. I didn't explore the world I was in. I also didn't really put myself there. I learned from this. It is almost like our cognitive side is trying to stop us from letting us go where we want to. This is one of the blocks we will have to work on.

This is the second time I have taken this. I have learned so much this time. I loved this class. Very Happy Cool sunny afro
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum