Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tiffanie

Streaming Continued Empty Streaming Continued

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:02 pm
Last week we used a technique of opening our ear drums to better hear the world around us:
1. Be present
2. Find and hold stillpoint of relaxation= true neutral. Being like an animal, working in the present.
3. Allow yourself to be relaxed during times of stillness. it makes you interesting.
4. Allows you to speak, hear and listen all at the same time; hearing is inclusive.
5. You will be able to allow sound to come to you without tension.
6. You will be able to imagine the vibrations of the inner ear which is stimulated by sound.

Humans are able to have selective hearing yet don't hear everything.
Most things we hear as a memory of sound.
We hear when it's fight or flight.
Time slows down when you're really hearing.
GOAL: calm body, alert mind.
My constant focus for this was the steady stream of rain but also a never ending chirping cricket. I was able to hear the slapping of water on a large rock, birds chirping, a breeze blowing, a whining cat, barking of dogs. I found this exercise to be very relaxing once I got into it. It's so interesting what the ear, or brain rather, blocks out regularly. I have been taking moments in my bed at night to listen to the underlying sounds around me. I realized how much I love the symphony of crickets and toads that put me to sleep every night. At times it's hard to stay focused and awake because it is so calming but I press on. I intend on using this as a streaming and relaxation tool from now on.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum