Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

Let Things Affect You- Class 6 Empty Let Things Affect You- Class 6

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:36 pm

I have had a lot going on at home that was distracting me the last two classes. Our baby boy Nemo has some serious challenges and I’ve basically been a nurse for him this past week. At nights he would cry and scream, and dud so during class which was breaking my heart, and I did my best to focus and relax. The past two days, he improved as we are learning how to care for a paralyzed dog, as well as we are emotionally doing better which probably helps him. We were all a wreck before. We are having to learn the art of letting go and releasing our attachments.

Nevertheless, we did yet another powerful relaxation that got me in semi conscious zone.

The only thing was, I didn’t understand that we are going to a classroom from our childhood and thought we are just going to A classroom.

We looked around the room, not too much appeared to me, though I did find some anchors.

Jon Explained anchors in relation to ballet. We are doing a turn and we need an anchor so we don’t fall on our nose.

when we look at our images, we have a soft focus and a relaxed face so our other senses can come in-
like a blind person who has strengthened other senses.

we focus on details when we find our anchors and when we are dipping.
we dipped a lot less aggressively today. i’m not sure if that helped me or not, but I did find it challenging to have images appear immediately.

When we do this work, it is important to find/discover things. We have our anchors but letting other things appear is also the goal.

when we can experience textures, smells, temperatures it’s a whole Other level.

when it comes to notes and writings that we find, it’s not unusual to not be able to make out the words. ” making up baloney” is worse than seeing nothing.

associative memory drives you into feeling —> that’s why we are here: “to find techniques that will allow us to touch/release something which adds an explicit layer that’s deeper and connected to what the audience sees.”

while we explore, things don’t always hit us. The aim is for the part of our brain connected to the emotions to come out freely. Just takes practice.

When we start to reach and uncover some thing, we mine it. Dig.
objects are very revealing, even often more than the event is.

I didn’t get to share my experience publicly, which I was nervous to do anyway.
some of the objects I saw—
A Polaroid camera, similar or possibly the same one as my sister had growing up.
A little princessy notebook that likely had a key to unlock it. (I always kept journals growing up.)
A crumpled up piece of paper.
A hair scrunchie.
As others went, I was still very relaxed for the most part, at least toward the beginning, and an additional image appeared to me and it was a box of sparkly gel pens that I could smell the different flavors of.
I don’t remember what else.

Jon said we are supposed to access our memory, so me having these rooms I haven’t been in doesn’t really serve the goal. That is just the classroom that appeared when he said you are in a classroom.
I had a desk that opened by lifting which I know I never had.
There was a sticker on the underside.

I liked what Matt said at the end of class about the depth and richness opened up like layers of an onion . “ it will do you, you won’t do it anymore. be moved instead of trying to move things.

Next classes, we are doing the dream work.
We talked of recurring dreams also.

to help re-cap how to dream capture-
((I remember my dreams every day so remembering is not an issue.
I already keep them all written down.
I even had a semi lucid dream last night where I saw myself in my bed, half asleep. ))
Review the elements of the dream and feel it, reconnect with the senses and emotions and then write in the stream of consciousness.
(I have done this for years. I have a whole life/reality in my dreams. Sometimes it’s more real then this “awake” reality.)
elements: place, time, characters, relationship, age, tracing story, animals, objects, symbols.
subjective and objective symbols (symbols are powerful, don’t analyze)

Excited to see what work we will be doing!
Jonmenick

Let Things Affect You- Class 6 Empty Re: Let Things Affect You- Class 6

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:10 am
I believe that you are really committed to become an actor. Perhaps even make it a strong focus. I believe you have every reason in the world to pursue this course. I don’t know anybody like you.....you are an original!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum