Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahobbs

3 in 1 - Dipping Empty 3 in 1 - Dipping

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:05 am
Dipping
I’m combining 3 classes into one post.¬¬  Jun 25-July 2, 2020
Challenges:  Our cognitive mind tries to interfere.  And we are hesitant to accept what we see.
We must be relaxed.
Don’t forget to tap on side of head.
Wait for the cognitive mind to get out of the way.
Ask “I wonder what I see!”
Time, Object and Place are important.  Time takes care of itself.   Object and Place have no ownership they are objective.
Then we learned to Dip by using a drawer/box.  The objective of dipping was to get inside the drawer/closet/under the bed and explore with all of our senses.  Whatever we get is right.
We brought a drawer to us and put a towel over it until we were ready to work with it.  Our 1st step is to get our cognitive brain out of the way.  When we begin to dip into the drawer we must get 3-5 anchors that stand out.  These anchors will hold space within the drawer.  We get their shape and use our imitation and then we harvest.
Steps for Dipping  (done with a soft focus)
1. We take 2 deep breaths and exhale on the 3rd exhale we open our eyes and remove the towel.  
2. We put our right finger on our right temple and say “I  wonder what I see of my anchors?”
3. First time we trace each anchor REALLY REALLY fast making gibberish sounds for 90 seconds.  Getting totally into it to the point nothing else exists.  We should be should be out of breath when we finish. Gypsy, my dog thought I was crazy.  
4. Second time we trace shapes of other things (not anchors) in a more relaxed mode.
Whatever we see TRUST IT
We use a soft focus so other things can come through.
During the harvest Jon had me go into a box that was in the drawer and tell him what was in the box.  
The next class (Jun 30) we used the same technique to go into a drawer of our childhood, in the bedroom we had seen in an earlier session.  I had trouble staying in the space during the guided imagery.  During the exercise, I rediscovered that I’m a tactical person in addition to a visual person.  Jon asked me to fell under the clothes and tell him what I found.  I found paper.  He had me pull it out and smell it.  It smelled like baby powder.
In all of these my cognitive brain wants to take me different places (flipping back and forth) in the beginning of the streaming.  For example, it seemed I had some problem with what age I am and which drawer to pick.   I picked the drawer and as Jon said, time took care of itself.  The clothes I found in there told me my age.  Also, sometimes the cognitive brain wants me to question what I find.  I have to keep pulling away.  For example, would I have had socks in the same drawer as my shorts?   Didn’t matter, that’s what was there when I was streaming.
Another way to Dip
The 3rd class (July 2nd) we dipping using a different approach.
We got really relaxed breathing and using a technique I had learned earlier from a psychologist I had been sent to treat a disease they thought was stress-related.  I was to imaging my internal organ healing.  As it turned out I was misdiagnosed.  But I still use the relaxing technique.
Then we imagined ourselves floating on the lake and we let our mind go. Then we were to imaging ourselves in a class room of our elementary school.  Typical to my past experiences I flipped back and forth between different classrooms of different grades.  I went between 1st, 2nd, and 5th.  Never 3rd or 4th for some reason.  I finally stuck with 1st grade.  Maybe because I liked 1st grade and everybody liked Miss Frost.  We went around the room and traced the big stuff.  Miss Frost always had her room with the seats arranged differently than the other teachers.  I saw my stuff on top of the desk because we did not have (in all of my elementary school) desks that opened from the top.  We picked 3 anchors – on the desk.  I picked a glue or paste jar with at top that had a built in brush, my writing pad and the big pencil we got in the 1st grade.  I remember smelling the pencil the wood and the lead, I also put my tongue to it; but I didn’t say any of that when I harvested.  Again I was very tactile with the pad of paper; the outside was grained and the inside looked and felt like it might have small pieces of wood in it.  
When we harvested Jon had us talk in the present tense.  He said Associated Memories work much better in the present tense and that is also true when we tap our Memories (vs Re-memoring)
Things start to crystallize when we harvest.  So we might talk about things slightly differently that what we recall seeing when we were streaming.
Stay general
We need to use all of our senses.
Use a soft focus so all the senses can come through
Jonmenick

3 in 1 - Dipping Empty Re: 3 in 1 - Dipping

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:32 am
This is a really good recounting of the classes. I am so happy that you are able to incorporate things you learned from other Professionals and use it in Streaming!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum