Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
geoffreyculbertson

The Cheese Empty The Cheese

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:20 pm
The actors objective for using this inner art form is to identify 'The Cheese.' An actors preparatory objective is to discover a character. The Cheese is a symbolic representation of the end of this search. The metaphor being a mouse or rat in a maze searching for their holy grail (mixing metaphors here lol) that frees them from the search. When searching for a character "The Cheese" is the end of the quest.

The cheese can be found in two ways:

1. During a stream it stops you in your tracks - the you-just-know-method. Usually an object, but could be any number of things.
2. Through the analysis of symbolical images and impressions that have been gathered from the character and their surroundings. You piece the information together and uncover the cheese that way.

The Cheese is an AH-Ha moment or revelation - It has an emotional-vibratory quality to it. The Ah-ha will occur in the body before it occurs in the brain.

My mistake last class was to allow my cognitive mind to do all the work. I thought we had pieced something compelling together and was excited about it, but it wasn't The Cheese. I should've known better.

"When you hit on something obvious look in the other direction and ask what-if." JM
Jonmenick

The Cheese Empty Re: The Cheese

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:04 am
All of this work will test you. How do you stay confident enough to make choices from the abstract and at the same time, stay open enough to make sudden shifts. This is the growth.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum