Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahobbs

Return to Dreams 7/16/202 Empty Return to Dreams 7/16/202

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:43 pm
[center]Image/Memory Streaming -- Dreams again
July 16, 2020
[/center]
We took a break from dreams so that we could re-member that we had other sense than just images. We need to pay more attention to these other senses in our day-to-day life.

Imaging is where we explore the dream.
Streaming is the harvest where we re-count the experience in present-time.
Harvest is to vocalize this experience. We re-experience the sensory aspects before we opened our eyes.

New things may happen

Witness is the Character
This is now a witness moving thru space.
We enter the dream as a witness, not as the dreamer (ourselves).

Symbols and Anchors
We need to pay attention to the objects that have meaning. These may or not be our anchors.
Symbols may be ours or they maybe others. Symbols can be the physo-emotional state of the character. But sometimes it lies elsewhere like the anchors.
Anchors give us dimensions for 3-D.

Tricking the Mind
The process of finding anchors is to trick the mind that it is important. We are not tied to symbols or anchors when we harvest. We constantly have to trick the mind from having us focus on what is not important.

In my case the symbols were the antique Victor Talking Machine (record player) and the antique crumbling records that were stored inside it. Jon identified it as being hard but fragile. This was the essence of the character.

This helps us become a human being while acting.
It must come to you – you can’t ask for it. If you ask for it, you won’t get it.

We are using streaming to reach our imaginative realm. Every scan holds non-judgmental aspects that reflect the character. These are more honest answers than the character would tell you.

This might be strange to say but I think the pandemic has helped my creativity. I’ve had a lot more time with my creative process.

joycewood likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum