Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

Class 1-Relax the mind  Empty Class 1-Relax the mind

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:57 am
The key takeaways for me were to ALLOW what comes instead of trying to remember or wanting. Relax the mind and allow.
We talked about the different types of imaging which gives a great perspective on how images can come to us. Relating this to subconscious and dream state helps to understand the mind state for the imaging.

“Imaging is seeing, sensing.”
“Streaming occurs when you are harvesting your experiences: How you feel from imaging. “

We saw this example when Joyce was doing the excercise and became emotional during the harvesting, where she allowed how she felt about the experience to wash over her

A summary of the types of imaging-

Involuntary imaging- Like day dreaming to find peace
Symbolic- Imagination has free rein, like in sleep wake states- symbols are portals into deeper work.
Fragmented- create circumstance with cognitive mind and allow streaming to happen.
Free association- Choose an image which will stimulate the imagination.
Story Imaging- follow a story until it takes a life of its own.
Verbalizing- Imaging and verbalizing it.
Recalled memory- memory as the jumping off point.
Guided/facilitated.

In the excercise, it is asked that we allow images to come and ask “I wonder what I see.”
once it is solid, we trace and tag the basic images.
When we are asked “I wonder what you see” we can go into more detail.
Then we harvest the feelings.

“Breathing in is imaging. Breathing out is streaming.”
“The fight to stay connected to what you’re seeing is key- Conjoin yourself with the imagery.”
Let go of control, take a leap. Jump in the water.!!

Another exciting element to this is the relation to dream states.
I love dreaming and remembering my dreams and have done this for many years. I remember many of my dreams and have a whole reality in dream world.
I love how this class is calling us to access these other states of mind and enter flow.
What a beautiful challenge.
Jonmenick

Class 1-Relax the mind  Empty Re: Class 1-Relax the mind

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am
Yes, exercise great patience and always follow the image, do not lead it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum