Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chaia

Dipping into Private spaces -  Empty Dipping into Private spaces -

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:49 pm
class 4

Streaming challenge- our cognitive mind interfering and taking over command and our hesitancy to trust what is produced as being legitimate.

* We are you wait for the cognitive mind to slow down enough so our creative mind can work in conjunction with it

*objects and place are paramount when we stream because you learn more about people by the objects they surround themselves with (not by their words since they can lie)

get into the private places:

I love the example Jon shared shared of an actor who had trouble reaching the depth of feeling of loss for a character who lost her husband. She did streaming. in a closet, she found his shoes from the time they had been in the garden, zoomed in on the heels, she could smell the soil.
the depth hit her.
That is a powerful example of successful imaging and streaming. She WENT there.

-Our capacity to do this work is there.
We enter with some knowns and some unknowns, in which our mind creates for us.

Streaming is the part of imaging where we are IN it,
involved in real time

In the days exercise, we grabbed a drawer and covered it so we can’t see what’s inside. we discussed anchors which would reveal themselves because they are things that stand out.

the steps: 1)Three relaxing breaths with eyes closed, 2) Uncover the drawer and open eyes 3) dip- Super quick, moving back-and-forth with finger, while loudly and erratically chanting gibberish, taking in different parts of the object/anchors and tracing it in our mind. 4) look at the box when relaxed out of focus look for about 20 seconds and trace the shapes around the anchors.

In the exercise, we stream our anchors but also go between that into the other spaces. We allow our imagination to “fill” the holes of what we dont know/don’t remember.

we discussed the power of allowing and trusting. This process was compared to making up your own lyrics, where are you let whatever comes to you— within the realm of possibility
(I Love to do this and is often where my music comes from, the soul, the flow. Alike I am a vessel for my spirit and my spirit talks to me through my lyrics)

The drawer exercise was very challenging for me. I had just recently cleaned out my drawers. I had a good idea of what wasn’t in there and my mind resisted allowing me to “make up” non existent items.
I was asked to look from below.
To look between.
I had mentioned that I thought maybe it would be easier with a drawer I didn’t know, that I could allow non sense items to appear to me better.
We shall see!!

Do we just say whatever comes to our mind, or do we SEE it first then say it? I have tried this practice a few times this week during meditations, attempting to image drawers I haven’t seen. My mind kept wanting to conjure up drawers and rooms that are familiar.
I would say whatever but sometimes I am saying what pops in my mind, rather than seeing it first.

Another important note is that-
We gotta get connected to it for it to affect us/ character. This gives a relationship to the item.

Such cool work!
Jonmenick

Dipping into Private spaces -  Empty Re: Dipping into Private spaces -

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 pm
It’s a combination. Sometimes you can feel what is there, sometimes it’s just a shape and then Zomming in can provide the details. I try not to allow myself to just provide a convenient object to appear. Important that you don’t over judge. Sometimes just go with it. Good post.

chaia likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum