Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rosebelleeasthom

Memory Dipping Empty Memory Dipping

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:17 pm
In the last class, we worked on streaming and dipping into memory. Finding different things in my desk sparked emotions that I don't think I even felt at the time. Seeing those stupid spelling tests and minute tests made me pretty angry and I felt like such a failure, but I don't think I actually felt that way at the time, I think that's a result of cultural conditioning.

One of the things I struggle with in this class is being present. I really really enjoy the exercises we do, and I know that harvesting is important, but it drains me to stay connected to my work for so long until we get to me - not that I don't enjoy hearing others, but because I really want to hear and watch others!. Maybe this is just a thing I need to get over, but I really enjoy being in the exercises. I'm having a lot of trouble being mentally present in general right now, just because of life - and I think it makes taking time and energy for the class more difficult.

When we have dreams, record the place, time, relationship, our age, the story, animals, objects and symbols. Before this class, I NEVER remembered my dreams, but since the practice of inviting and recording my dreams, I remember them a lot more.

Jonmenick

Memory Dipping Empty Re: Memory Dipping

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am
I understand the difficulty in staying present while waiting to go. Here are a couple of suggestions.
1. Feel how anxious effects your body and then calm each part by breathing.
2. Focus on the imagery created by the other actors. Build that muscle.
3. Work to extend the time that you can stay involved. Don;t beat yourself if you wander. But come back.
4. Leave your world behind and enter the THIN THING.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum