Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EvelynLeTeshia
EvelynLeTeshia

Class on Monday 6/15/20 Empty Class on Monday 6/15/20

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 am
A. What did you learn (specifically)?

1.   There's a very specific connection between your perception of improv and improv.
2.   Acting is the obligation to function as closely to a human being who actually lives in a world of randomness while embodying the constructs of a script which lacks randomness
3.   Improv engages the sensibility of never locking in
4.   We are here to learn how to remain in a state of randomness while being mindful of crafting conflict and contrast correctly
5.   Your ability to develop an intelligent improv verses an aimless stream of who you are, who your partner is, where your partner is in a psycho/emotional state, and let that inform you
     of how you will develop conflict and contrast
6.   There is no place for indication in improv, and achieving something consciously is not the most important thing.
7.   Emerging yourself in the sensory of improv takes you into a consciousness of something not real; it allows you to connect to something in real time.
8.   Experiencing something that leads you somewhere that's not found through anticipation or planning
9.   Being able to live under the lines requires improv to be in the life world.
10. We are here to build our inner belief so that we can hold things as if they were there. The moment we start slipping, we indicate.
11. The goal is to hold sensory information to know who we are, where we are, what our environment is, and how we live in it.
12. The inner battle is to be able to hold something that is tangible and be able to relax in it enough that you can just play it.
13. Being specific with sensory objects on set are important. Every exercise will have a goal. We are not here to perform. The sensory objects must be established.

B. How did the learning affect me?

The learning allowed me to continue this journey of completely letting go of the "planning" in my head and allowing myself to reach deeper into being vulnerable and open.

C. Did Jon say anything quotable?

"Believability in our business is the most important thing we are trying to achieve!"[/b]

Last edited by EvelynLeTeshia on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonmenick

Class on Monday 6/15/20 Empty Re: Class on Monday 6/15/20

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:36 am
So nice to read your post. The journey to let go of planning your acting is a long road. It starts now and we take one step at a time. Remember to always forgive yourself for stepping backwards at times.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum