Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EvelynLeTeshia
EvelynLeTeshia

Class on Monday 7/22/20 Empty Class on Monday 7/22/20

Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:18 pm
A. What did you learn (specifically)?

1. Displayed homework assignments
2. Worked with a partner in an improv scene to extend our homework character but NOT them specifically; just their attributes

Exercise Steps --->
a) Establish where you are (if applicable, the atmosphere)
b) Maintain character and establish a relationship without saying who/what it is
c) Must succeed in your essential "secret" psycho-emotional state that Jon gives each partner
d) Jon must see the conflict develop between us that he gave
e) Must create an obstacle in the scene pertaining to achieving the goal
f) Three minutes to complete the scene

B. How did the learning affect me?

The learning gave me a new technique to use within my work. One of the most awkward things I experience is my first line of dialogue in any scene. It's just weird hearing my own voice at the beginning. I usually settle into the character's voice midway through, but this needs to take place from start to finish.

Jon had us repeat either the first 3 lines of our dialogue or our own mantra before starting, and this REALLY helped me relax into my character's voice from the start and took the focus off of my own!

C. Did Jon say anything quotable?

"That's like trying to sail across the ocean and forgetting the ship!"

HOMEWORK

Continuation.......

a) If you HAVE done an improv scene with the individual that you observed for homework, you must now choose a different icon of the opposite sex and bring that person into the essence of yourself while maintaining your own gender

b) If you HAVE done an improv scene with the icon of the opposite sex, continue to work on the attributes of bringing that person's attributes into the improv space

****If Jon gave you a specific note on your homework character, go with that!****

Jeanne O. likes this post

Jonmenick

Class on Monday 7/22/20 Empty Re: Class on Monday 7/22/20

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:21 am
I have faith in you.

EvelynLeTeshia likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum