Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EvelynLeTeshia
EvelynLeTeshia

Class on Wednesday 7/29/20 Empty Class on Wednesday 7/29/20

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:42 pm
A. What did you learn (specifically)?

1. Displayed homework assignments
2. Worked with a partner in an improv scene to teach them how to perform the chore we had for homework

Exercise Steps --->

Due to the directions changing frequently from group to group, I won't list step by step the exercise rules for this week. Instead, I'll give an overview. Jon partnered us together. Partner A had to show partner B how to perform the household chore they did as their homework assignment. Ultimately the final exercise made it so Partner A had to establish (without words) where they were. Once Partner B guessed the correct location, Partner A could then began instructing Partner B on how the chore was to be completed. This could only be achieved with a specified number of words though. Partner B had to pay very close attention and mirror what Partner A was doing. For this to be very effective, Partner A had to be very slow and specific with their movements.

B. How did the learning affect me?

The learning helped with mirroring which caused me to experience the actual object, stay in tune with my partner, and deal with objects as if they were real.

C. Did Jon say anything quotable?

"We have to paint a picture!"

HOMEWORK

Do a household chore; be SPECIFIC, and remember to establish the room! (A continuation; no specific change in homework that I'm aware of)
Jonmenick

Class on Wednesday 7/29/20 Empty Re: Class on Wednesday 7/29/20

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am
Yes, I do change things to keep actors from planning while they wait to go.

EvelynLeTeshia likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum