Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shannonigans

Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all Empty Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:48 pm
Last class I learned that sometimes the best way to interpret direction, is the easy way.
I never expected that the first pair that used one word at a time to help the action would be the correct answer.
I thought we had to make a coherent scene from it and that's when I got in my head and thought too much.

I had a nice moment with environment, watering my plants outside on my porch, but I definitely could have been more immersive.
When it came time to teach my partner how to pot a plant, I started ignoring poor Mike so I could focus on the image in my head. I'm still working on the juggling multiple thought processes thing.

Overall though I liked the exercise and thought a lot of us were starting to get it a little bit more, and that's the important part. Growth.

"The difference between indication and activity is FEELING" - Jon Menick.

madelaine446s@gmail.com likes this post

laurenrivas

Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all Empty Re: Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:26 am
I think that's where my frustrations came from that night, trying to 'make something' happen instead of just doing the task ;P
xoxoxo
Jonmenick

Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all Empty Re: Lesson 13: Maybe not so unlucky after all

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 am
Yes, we can evict our thinking process and surrender to the art.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum