Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rosebelleeasthom

Dipping - Image detail Empty Dipping - Image detail

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 am
In our most recent class, we learned about dipping, going into the private places of the character. When we're in the place, we have to pay attention to the specificities of the place, the time, and objects/symbols. Pay attention to sounds, smells, and atmosphere.

In the streaming work, we want to follow, not lead. We want the character to reveal themselves to us. The cognitive mind will want to take over, so we overload it with sound and movement, only engaging in soft focus. The cognitive mind is afraid it won't remember. Don't let it memorize.

Overall, I enjoyed the exercise of what it's like to stream in our own box of things. I do feel a bit intimidated when it comes to imaginary work because I'll probably feel the need to think items into being.

Since the beginning of the streaming work, I'm realizing ways that I'm becoming more aware. I'm paying more attention to my dreams and they aren't leaving my mind immediately.
Jonmenick

Dipping - Image detail Empty Re: Dipping - Image detail

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 am
Keep opening up, you with find a drawer full of inspiration.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum