Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
madelaine446s@gmail.com

Last Wednesday Empty Last Wednesday

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Hey. It was so cool to finally get a little scene work in and see Lauren and Ness. Excited to get to see the others. I've done lots of improvs, but the sense memory and tedious object work is what I've been severely lacking. That attention to detail, actually having a vivid imagination, paying attention and not indicating certain things, this is all great to get rolling with, finally. I was half expecting to not get through my 37 sec scene and choke bc I hadn't done it all the way through with her mannerisms, more than I had recited lines and practiced little bits. Even though I know I knew the lines, when I tried to play around with funny accents, I could never get through the whole thing as anything other than the real Erin. So, that made me think I dont know the lines like the back of my hand. In class I proved that, when asked to speak them to a 4 year old. What helps you guys memorize lines? And memorize them with any kind of quickness..I'm screwed with every self tape, thus far, with having to read off a portion of the lines. That pressure is no joke.

Seeing the environment is something I continuously have forgotten to do with many improvs. Even if I start off knowing that we are, say, in a classroom, in the middle of the words, I will forget where I'm at half way through, and it shows. Keeping other things in mind other than the emotional truth and overall objective, I'm drowning. I loved Jon telling me that just shuffling through those papers, will show the tone.
Jonmenick

Last Wednesday Empty Re: Last Wednesday

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:17 am
First of all, don’t look for truth! There is no such thing in our business. We work in the world of make believe. Just SHOW ME WHAT YA GOT. Learning lines take patience and persistence and a dedication to precision. You will learn a process for memorization in Script Analysis.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum