Screen Artists Co-op
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
madelaine446s@gmail.com

Wednesday the 22nd Empty Wednesday the 22nd

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Hi! This last week's class I did my improv as female McConaughey with Lauren. I had been scared to flop with the first character, and with less time equally so with this round. I have, at one point, done impersonations, so he was already kinda on my radar, but twisting it as a female was more complicated than I thought, and I'm still going back and forth. I have done a little more research into the Texas state of mind and that's helped, but I really did pick someone with a lot of layers. He started off wanting to be a lawyer, so there's a book smart and extremely hard working person to inhabit. But also INCREDIBLY laid back. Not just in the two or three drug movies he's done, but in real life. I'm glad I'm being reminded of how much effort it takes to build a character.
In the improv with Lauren, I dropped the ball. We were to pick a place as a team, without saying it. I already knew I was gonna not be able to think of something quick enough and that she was gonna have to. It was nerve wracking where we got stuck, bc I somehow forgot that whole main objective "telling a secret". I felt frustrated for her, afterwards. And I pretty often will forget one of these main elements when doing improv. I'll forget the weather or the surrounding, like if there is ppl staring in said environment. On top of not being firm with who exactly my character is, I struggle.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum